Questions We're Most Often Asked About Document Destruction & Paper Shredding Services
- What does IntelliShred shred?
- What is the difference between one-time shredding and regularly scheduled service?
- What does IntelliShred charge for shredding?
- How can I get a specific quote for my needs?How does the shredding process work?
- What do you do with the paper and products after you shred them?
- How do I know the documents leaving my office have been destroyed?
1) What does IntelliShred shred?
- Notebook covers and binders
- CD's, DVD's
- Hard Drives, Flash Drives
- Microfilm, videocassettes and micro-fiche
- We actually shred even more than this, please call us at 1-866-747-3360 if you don't see what you want shredded on this list
2) What is the difference between one-time shredding and regularly scheduled service?
One time shredding is a single service call to your location, regularly scheduled shredding is repeat visits on a set schedule.
The reason for one-time only shredding is typically to clear out an accumulation of paper or products that has occurred over time. You've got a pile of stuff you want destroyed – we stop by and shred it – and you can watch the entire shredding process on the TV monitor incorporated into our truck. That's it.
Regularly scheduled shredding is typically for businesses or organizations that generate a steady stream of paper or products that need to be destroyed. We'll provide you with security containers for your office at no cost, where your employees can dispose of papers and products. We come to your office at regularly scheduled intervals, empty the containers into our truck and shred them while we're still at your location. You can view the entire process on the TV monitor incorporated into our truck. When we're done we'll print you a usage receipt that lets you know how full your containers were.
3) What does IntelliShred charge for shredding?
For most one-time shredding projects we price by the pound. Regularly scheduled, long-term service is typically priced by the number of security containers needed in your office and the frequency of shredding visits. Your specific situation may be different so please call us at 866-SHRED60 or 908-237-4530.
4) How Do I Get A Specific Quote
We know how important price is and we strive to provide quick and guaranteed price quotes.
To receive a quick quote please call us at 866-SHRED60 or 908-237-4530. Please have the following information available to help us prepare your quote.
Do you want a single shredding visit, or regularly scheduled long-term service?
- Do you just have paper to shred or are there products like CD's, DVD's, hard drives, computers?
- It can be helpful, but not necessary, to have a rough idea of the quantity you need shredded. An example of quantity can be 10 cardboard file boxes of paper, 20 file cabinet drawers of paper, etc.
5) How do I get ready for an IntelliShred visit?
If you want IntelliShred to handle your shredding project we'll agree on a date of service. Organizing your paper or products before we arrive can help you feel comfortable with the destruction of everything you want destroyed, and even more comfortable that you're not destroying something that you should save. You do not have to take documents out of cardboard file containers, and you don't have to remove papers from notebook binders – we'll shred the boxes and notebook covers too.
6) What do you do with the paper and products after you shred them?
We recycle them!
7) How do I know the documents leaving my office have been destroyed?
The products are shredded in our truck while we're parked at your location. You can watch the entire process live on a TV monitor built into the truck.
If you have any additional questions that aren't answered here please call us at 1-866-747-3360.